- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-018
- Project: RESTful (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2017-February-15
- Security risk: 11/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:Complex/A:User/CI:Some/II:Some/E:Theoretical/TD:Uncommon
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
This module enables you to build a RESTful API for your Drupal site.
The restful_token_auth module (a sub-module) doesn't validate the status of users when logging them in. This results in a blocked user being able to operate normally with the RESTful actions, even after being blocked.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must be in possession of the credentials of a previously blocked user. It is also mitigated by the attacker only will have the access corresponding to the roles of the blocked user. Finally this only affects sites that use the sub-module, restful_token_auth.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- RESTful 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.8.
- RESTful 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.16.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed RESTful module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the restful_token_auth sub-module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to RESTful 7.x-1.8 or RESTful 7.x-2.16
Also see the RESTful project page.
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity