Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Built for community, by community
Drupal 7 is a truly revolutionary release that saw both the size and diversity of our contributor community grow exponentially. Through the formation of and strong coordination among the Usability, Accessibility, and Design teams, Drupal 7 addresses a number of our project’s longest-standing limitations and opens up access for more people to enjoy the strong web publishing framework we have all come to love.
Huge congratulations to the community, and everyone who worked so hard to make Drupal 7 the most amazing version of Drupal yet!
What makes Drupal 7 so cool?
- Vastly improved administrative user interface thanks to the D7UX movement
- Flexible content and custom fields
- Better visual presentation and theming with Render API
- Accessibility is greatly improved
- Image support is now included
- Automated code testing
- Improved database support
- Better distribution support
- Support for the Semantic Web through RDFa markup
- Over 850 Drupal 7 contributed modules have met their #d7cx pledges.
Take a tour
Come celebrate with our global community!
More than 250 parties in over 90 countries are being planned to celebrate Drupal 7’s release, most of them this Friday, January 7. So it’s not too late to plan your own! Our Drupal 7 Release Party Planning Guide has all the details you need. Remember to tag your party photos and videos on external services (Twitter, UStream, Flickr, etc.) with the "#d7rp" tag.
Learn more at DrupalCon!
Want to learn more about Drupal 7? Come join us at DrupalCon Chicago, March 7 - 10! DrupalCon Chicago will feature a ton of content designed to help people get up to speed, including pre-conference training and regular sessions, not to mention Birds of a Feather sessions, Core Conversations, sprints, and more. Content will be targeted at users of all levels, from those new to Drupal to the most seasoned veterans of the community.