This branch is in need of a co-maintainer.
Initial release for Drupal 7.
peterx was a temporary maintainer for the D7 version and fixed some issues while working on a site using Spamspan.
The filter api has changed substantially in D7, so there has been some fairly major rewriting of the code. There are a few changes to be aware of in particular:
- The spamspan utility function (which can be used by themes or modules to convert email addresses in text) now has an extra (optional) parameter, to allow settings to be passed. Please see the code for details.
- The configuration options to specify class names have been removed. There really is no benefit in being able to specify class names, the code was complicated, the options were confusing to users and there was no straightforward way to port them to D7.
As usual, please report any bugs found.
The 7.x-1.2 branch lets you replace the dots as well as the @. There is a test page in the admin area to show you the defaults and a form for testing changes.
7.x-1.2 also has the start of a form link substitution, a much safer way to handle email. In the long term, Spamspan should be converted to reuse code from the Email field module.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Display, Filters/Editors, Security, Spam Prevention
- Reported installs: 17,294 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 76,505
- Last modified: February 26, 2015