The shared email module allows multiple users to use the same email address for different accounts. The module works for both registration and account updates.
Compatible with with Email Registration, Subuser, User Import and LoginToboggan modules.
Shared email password reset
How can you get involved?
- Help translate this module at localize.drupal.org
- Help writing documentation. Please, open a project issue if you wish to help writing documentation for this module.
How it works
Shared email overrides the 'user' module's validation that prevents the same email address being used by more than one user. Displays a warning to the user that they are using a shared email.
This module modifies the email address before it is validated by the user module.
Because it only changes the edit value rather than the form value, the validation will pass but the original unchanged email is still stored properly.
Make sure to enable the 'show warning text' permission for the users role that can see the warning message.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: User Management
- Reported installs: 2,701 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 17,647
- Last modified: 2 December 2014
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.