This module allows you to authenticate users with a browser-based password (HTTP Auth). You can restrict access to the site by role and choose to secure restricted pages or the entire site. This means the site will be inaccessible to search engines and other crawlers, but you can still allow access to certain users.
The other thing that is enabled by this module is secure, remote access to RSS feeds. You can keep content private and protected, but still allow users to get notification of new content and other actions via RSS with news readers that support
user:firstname.lastname@example.org/node/feed URLs, or have direct support for user and password settings. This is especially useful when paired with the Organic Groups module or other node access systems.
Drupal 8 version of the module has been sponsored by Google Summer of Code 2014. It is still not stable but you can download the development version of the module. A screencast on how to use the module can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO5OzXg_gqw
Secure Site was released in 2005.
The people/organizations who contributed to the reverse bounty before it was fulfilled include:
- Maintenance status: Seeking new maintainer
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: User Access & Authentication
- Reported installs: 1,552 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 49,326
- Last modified: June 23, 2016
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.