Quiz 5 is RC!
What does this mean? Nothing too much, there will be no more API-breaking changes and any bug that is not critical will not block the final release. There are still a few issues that should be addressed.
See the RC release notes.
The Quiz module lets you create graded assessments in Drupal. A Quiz is given as a series of questions. Answers are then stored in the database. Scores and results are displayed during or after the quiz. Administrators can provide automatic or manual feedback. See all the features below!
This module can be used as
- an object in a larger LMS, or a supplemental classroom activity
- a standalone activity (audio, video, rich text in questions/answers)
- a self-learning program, using adaptive mode with multiple answer tries
- a training program, with multiple improving attempts
- *Improved DX, coding standards/style, The Drupal Way!™
- *Extensive Views, Rules integration through Entity API
- Integration with H5P making 20+ content types available
- *OO support for all Quiz components
- *Huge cleanup and refactor from 4.x
- *Multiple result & granular feedback options
- *Pre-attempt questionnaires (through Field API)
- *Views & bulk operations for managing questions/results
- *Drag and drop ordering of questions/answers/pages
- *Configurable questions per page
- *Devel generate support (dummy Quiz/Question/Result data)
- Question randomization, from pool or category
- Certainty-based marking
- Multiple attempts per user
- *Stability from new test cases (2400+ assertions)
- *Adaptive mode feedback
- *Build on last attempt mode
- Timed quizzes
- Question reuse across multiple Quizzes
- Robust Quiz/Question versioning
- *Smooth upgrade from 7.x-4.x
- *Better upgrade path to D8
- *Improved AJAH quiz
- And many more...
(* new in 7.x-5.x)
- Create multiple types of quizzes!
- Custom quiz defaults per type
- Optionally remove node dependency
- Create multiple types of questions!
- Varying content fields per question
- Create audio questions, video questions, etc.
- While 5.x has an upgrade path from 4.x, and does not introduce any major API-breaking changes, 6.x is a completely new architecture not compatible with 5.x.
- If you have not modified or built upon 4.x or 5.x, chances are you will be able to upgrade to 6.x no problem. Other sites may have issues.
- 6.x will contain all the functionality of 5.x, as covered by the tests.
- See all the Change records for what to expect.
Question types included
- H5P - 20 H5P content types available
- 4.x - included
- 5.x - https://www.drupal.org/project/quiz_h5p
- True or false
- Multiple choice
- Short answers
- Long answers
- Question directions
- Drag and drop (with lines) - moved to https://www.drupal.org/project/quiz_ddlines
- Charts - used by Quiz stats to render some useful data
- jQuery Countdown - provides jQuery timer for timed quizzes
- Views Data Export - export Quiz results and user answers
Other modules we like
- H5P - HTML5 learning objects
- Course - put multiple quizzes together
- Certificate - award a certificate after passing a Course/Quiz
Check out the Quiz affiliated modules wiki to see a fuller list of modules that extend quiz.
We have a big community supporting Quiz, and it's getting bigger! Let's make this the best assessment engine, ever.
Please continue to help out with cleaning up the issue queue!
Have a feature request? Please open an issue in the issue queue!
- For new sites, 7.x-5.x is recommended and stable for production use. This will soon be the preferred version.
- There is a clean upgrade path from 4.x to 5.x.
Want a Drupal 8 version? Help us finish 7.x-5.0 release blockers!
Many users have contributed lots of feature requests and bug reports. Previous maintainers also deserve a lot of credit! Join the Quiz group at http://groups.drupal.org/quiz to get involved!
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Education, Evaluation/Rating, Games and Amusements
- Reported installs: 9,658 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 183,402
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: June 30, 2016