Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
The Quiz module lets you create graded assessments in Drupal. A Quiz is given as a series of questions. Answers are then stored in the database. Scores and results are displayed during or after the quiz. Administrators can provide automatic or manual feedback. See all the features below!
This module can be used as
- an object in a larger LMS, or a supplemental classroom activity
- a standalone activity (audio, video, rich text in questions/answers)
- a self-learning program, using adaptive mode with multiple answer tries
- a training program, with multiple improving attempts
- Extensive Views, Rules integration through Entity API
- Integration with H5P making 20+ content types available
- OO Question API
- Very configurable feedback times and options
- Pre-attempt questionnaires (through Field API)
- Views and Views Bulk Operations for managing questions/results
- Drag and drop ordering of questions/answers/pages
- Configurable questions per page
- Devel generate support (dummy Quiz/Question/Result data)
- Question randomization, from per-Quiz pool or taxonomy category
- Certainty-based marking
- Multiple attempts per user
- Lots of unit test coverage
- Adaptive mode and feedback
- Build on last attempt mode
- Timed quizzes
- Question reuse across multiple Quizzes
- Robust Quiz/Question versioning
- AJAX quiz taking
- And many more...
Question types included
- True or false
- Multiple choice
- Short answers
- Long answers
- Question directions
- Drag and drop (with lines) - moved to https://www.drupal.org/project/quiz_ddlines
- H5P questions - add many more question types via the H5P project
- Charts - used by Quiz stats to render some useful data
- jQuery Countdown - provides jQuery timer for timed quizzes
- Views Data Export - export Quiz results and user answers
Other modules we like
- H5P - HTML5 learning objects
- Course - put multiple quizzes together
- Certificate - award a certificate after passing a Course/Quiz
Check out the Quiz affiliated modules wiki to see a fuller list of modules that extend quiz.
Upgrading from 7.x-4.x
If you do not have any custom question modules, an upgrade to 5.x is easy.
1. Backup your database
2. Remove the existing quiz folder
3. Move the new quiz folder into place
4. Run update.php
5. Verify that existing quizzes work
6. Verify that existing results work
Note: There are core issues with MySQL 5.7, but only during the upgrade. See here if you have to use MySQL 5.7 and Drupal 7.
If you do have custom question modules, they may have to be updated slightly to work with the 5.x version.
- Create multiple types of quizzes!
- Custom quiz defaults per type
- Optionally remove node dependency
- Create multiple types of questions!
- Varying content fields per question
- Create audio questions, video questions, etc.
We have a big community supporting Quiz, and it's getting bigger! Let's make this the best assessment engine, ever.
Please continue to help out with cleaning up the issue queue!
Have a feature request? Please open an issue in the issue queue!
The D7 version of this module is being cleaned up so that a migration/port to D8 will be easier.
Many users have contributed lots of feature requests and bug reports. Previous maintainers also deserve a lot of credit! Join the Quiz group at http://groups.drupal.org/quiz to get involved!
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Education, Evaluation/Rating, Games and Amusements
- Reported installs: 10,533 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 200,724
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: October 19, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.