- Automatic switch to a mobile theme, if detected a mobile device by Browscap or Mobile Detect.
- Automatic redirect to a mobile website, if detected a mobile device by Mobile Detect.
- Prevention of mobile devices to bypass the mobile switch function.
- Allow or disallow mobile theme usage on administration pages.
- Developer functionality for a little bit of help for website developers.
- Extend the Browscap or Mobile Detect device detection with additional user agents for mobile device emulators.
- Display debugging informations.
- Use the mobile theme with desktop browsers.
Required modules and classes
Branches 6.x-1+ and 7.x-1+
- Mobile Detect PHP class
- Libraries API; Note:
Mobile Switch branch 2+ requires Libraries API 2+.
- Mobile Detect Import - included submodule
Provides update and import functions for the Mobile Detect PHP class.
Recommended Mobile Switch modules
- Mobile Switch Block
Offers the possibility to use a manually theme switch function.
- Mobile Switch Blocks
Provides block visibility control in mobile devices.
- Mobile Switch Panels
Provides an control plugin to show panel pages in context of mobile device detection.
- Context Mobile Switch
Add conditional contexts based on the Mobile Switch device detection.
Recommended other modules
Works out of the box if you are use the operating mode theme switch. There is one configuration option through the Mobile Switch settings for appearance: Operating mode - and choose the mobile theme.
The operating mode redirect needs more configurations.
Update from 1 to 2 branch
See README.txt for update and installation instructions.
To initialize a demonstration page with links to websites which use this module help is required.
Are you the owner or admin such a website please follow this link to propose the Mobile Switch website:
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Content Display, Mobile, Theme Enhancements, Utility
- Reported installs: 3,881 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 32,641
- Last modified: December 2, 2014