ImageField provides an image upload field for CCK. ImageField is a CCK-based alternative to the legacy Image project. It boasts features such as multiple images per node, resolution restrictions, default images, and extensive Views support.
ImageField does not provide a built-in thumbnail solution, but complements the incredibly powerful thumbnail generation module ImageCache.
ImageField related projects
- ImageCache - Dynamic thumbnail generation.
- ImageField Extended - Add additional data to images other than the default Description, Title and Alt.
- ImageField Focus - Define custom focus and crop areas to be combined with ImageCache.
- ImageField Crop - Crop images permanently after upload.
- Image FUpload - Bulk image uploader.
- ImageField 6.x depends on the CCK and FileField modules.
- ImageField 5.x depends on the CCK and ImageAPI modules.
- Image.module - Imagefield is not compatible with image.module content types. If you add an imagefield CCK field to the image type provided by image module, image module will delete all the imagefield images on every node update.
Upgrading to Drupal 7
#D7CX: ImageField is being added to Drupal 7 core! So you don't need a version of it in Drupal 7. To upgrade ImageField to Drupal 7, install the Drupal 7 CCK Package and use the Content Migrate to upgrade ImageField to Drupal 7.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Content, Content Construction Kit (CCK), File Management, Media
- Reported installs: 84,657 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 959,877
- Last modified: December 2, 2014