Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
FileField provides a universal file upload field for CCK. It is a robust alternative to core's Upload module and an absolute must for users uploading a large number of files. Great for managing video and audio files for podcasts on your own site.
- Configurable upload paths allow you to save files into per-field or per-user directories
- Per-field and per-node file size limits
- Extensive API for extending field widgets and managing files
- Full revision/translation file management
- Views support
- Ajax Uploads (and progress bar support with the PECL uploadprogress extension)
- Pretty Icons
- All the goodness of CCK (multiple output formats, shared fields, multiple values, and much more)
- PHP 5
- MimeDetect (required for Drupal 5, but highly recommended for Drupal 6)
- Transliteration: Converts characters in uploads to server-safe formats.
- ImageField: Upload widget for FileField that shows an image preview, with support for ALT and Title text.
- FileField Paths: Save files using node-based tokens.
- FileField Podcaster or iTunes: Create podcast feeds using Views and FileField.
- SWF Tools: A set of media players for playback of audio and video files.
- Search Files: Allows searching the actual contents of PDF, Word, Excel, text, and other files.
- Podcasting with FileField and FileField Podcaster (Mustardseed Media)
- Filefield + jQuery Media Screencast (Drupal Therapy)
Upgrading to Drupal 7
#D7CX: FileField does not need a Drupal 7 version because it has been moved to Drupal Core! To upgrade FileField to Drupal 7, install the Drupal 7 CCK Package and use the Content Migrate to upgrade FileField to Drupal 7.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Content, Content Construction Kit (CCK), File Management
- Reported installs: 57,998 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,282,963
- Last modified: February 27, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.