imagefield_crop provides a widget for cropping an image after upload.
When the user uploads an image, the image is presented inside a cropping area. A cropping box is shown inside, and the user can resize and move it. Upon clicking 'preview' or 'submit', the image is cropped and the result is saved instead of the original image.
- Seamless, intuitive cropping, almost like using a desktop photo editing app
- All major browsers supported
- Dynamic preview - you see how your crop will look like, in real time!
- Original image is saved for recropping.
- No matter what resolution the cropping area is, the original image is used for cropping (for highest quality)
- The sizes of the cropping area, cropping box and resulting image can be controlled by the administrator
Version 7.x-2.x is a fork of the 7.x-1.x branch and it introduces a new field type (as opposed to just a widget in 7.x-1.x), and is incompatible with 7.x-1.x at this moment, and there is no upgrade path.
Version 7.x-2.x is not a mere upgrade, it's a different direction for the module, that might take the lead on this module's approach, or might not, depending on the community acceptance and interest.