Some projects fail to properly updated via the update manager UI: The
downloaded project is placed in a subfolder of the current location.
This happens to projects that place all of its modules or themes in subfolders,
and none in the root folder. Examples: adaptivetheme-7.x-3.1, rules-7.x-1.0-alpha2,
entity-7.x-1.0-beta3. The routine used by the updater to find the install location
is not accurate in those cases.
Implement a better routine to find the project install location.
- Write a test demostrating the failing case
- Write a patch fixing the case
User interface changes
Original report by kylethaynes
I searched for updates using the update manager. It found updates for Entity and Rules. I used the automatic method for updating these two APIs. When I tried to navigate back to my website, I was told that the site could not find an include file for Rules. I looked at the directory under SSH, and I found out that Rules had been installed to sites/all/modules/rules/rules instead of sites/all/modules/rules. After I fixed that, I found out that Entity had been installed to sites/all/modules/entity/entity instead of sites/all/modules/entity. In both cases, Drupal was looking for files in sites/all/modules/X and not finding them because the updated files had been in stalled in sites/all/modules/X/X. This suggests this is a problem that is generic (the update manager) and not specific to the packages.
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [PHP 5.4 MySQL] Unable to apply patch drupal_986616_74.patch. Unable to apply patch. See the log in the details link for more information. View
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 57,987 pass(es), 50 fail(s), and 1 exception(s). View
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] Unable to apply patch drupal-root_path-986616-64.patch. Unable to apply patch. See the log in the details link for more information. View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 48,166 pass(es). View
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 48,122 pass(es), 1 fail(s), and 0 exception(s). View