- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-015
- Project: Hotjar (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x, 8.x
- Date: 2017-February-15
- Security risk: 12/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:Complex/A:Admin/CI:Some/II:Some/E:Theoretical/TD:All
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module enables you to add the Hotjar tracking system to your website.
The module doesn't sufficiently sanitize the Hotjar ID when including tracking code.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "administer hotjar".
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- Hotjar 7.x-1.x versions before 7.x-1.2
- Hotjar 8.x-1.x versions before 8.x-1.0
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Hotjar module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Hotjar module for Drupal 7.x upgrade to Hotjar 7.x-1.2
- If you use the Hotjar module for Drupal 8.x upgrade to Hotjar 8.x-1.0
Also see the Hotjar project page.
- Vince Tikász the module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity