We're starting with these issues, which were postponed from D6 as they're present in D7 only:
- Find an Active, unassigned "Variable to config:" issue
- Assign it to yourself when you start work on it
- Convert it, write a test and submit
- Your guidelines are config/migrate.migration.d6_system_site.yml, lib/Drupal/migrate/Tests/MigrateSystemConfigsTest.php, lib/Drupal/migrate/Tests/Dump/Drupal6SystemSite.php
Note: There's a not-quite-finished D7 example patch at. Note: The drupal6_variable source plugin is being re-used, so the script will create a file that says:
source: plugin: drupal6_variable variables: - mail_system
That drupal6 label is correct.
You'll also re-use Drupal6DumpCommon so:
correctly references Drupal6.
- Copy paste the update_variables_to_config call into the provided converter script and run it from your Drupal root. It will create the migration entity for you.
- Create your Dump class based on the source variables and any values you like. It's preferred to use the default values for the variables from D7 but if that's too much work, we are good with any values.
- If your module does not already have a MigrateModuleNameConfigsTest.php, create it. Now add a method for this specific config file based on the testSystemSite method which should be self explanatory: you need to change:
- the second argument of the entity_load to the id found in the yaml (both file name and inside as id:),
- the dump path,
- the name of the config()
- all the asserts
Note that the test you are writing is a simpletest; full integration tests can't be done in phpunit (or not well). To execute simpletests from the command line, see https://drupal.org/node/645286