Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: SA-CONTRIB-2012-111
- Project: Security Questions (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2012-July-11
- Security risk: Highly critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
This module provides administrator configurable challenge questions for use during the log in and password reset processes.
The module doesn't perform a proper access check, allowing a users' questions and answers to be edited by other users including anonymous users.
- Security Questions 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.1.
- Security Questions 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.1.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Security Questions module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Security Questions module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Security Questions 6.x-1.1
- If you use the Security Questions module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Security Questions 7.x-1.1
Also see the Security Questions project page.
- Chris Hertzog the module maintainer
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
- David Rothstein of the Drupal Security Team
- Chris Hales of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.