Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-072
- Project: cctags (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2012-May-02
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module enables you to create "tag clouds" with taxonomy terms displayed in different sizes depending on how frequently they are used on a site.
The module doesn't sufficiently filter user supplied text leading to a Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the ability to create or edit vocabularies or terms.
- cctags 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.10.
- cctags 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.10.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed cctags module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the cctags module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to cctags 6.x-1.10
- If you use the cctags module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to cctags 7.x-1.10
Also see the cctags project page.
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.