- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-017
- Project: Finder (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2012-February-08
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting, Arbitrary PHP code execution, Multiple vulnerabilities
Finder is a Drupal module that allows users to create faceted search forms. The module's autocomplete, checkbox, and radio button functionalities previously did not sanitize the output of fields and raw database values.
In addition, users with the "administer finder" permission were able to execute arbitrary code through a PHP import interface; specific PHP execution permissions were not required.Updated: This issue affected only the 7.x branch of code. The 6.x branch used the permission "administer finder PHP settings" which is sufficiently clear that it allows execution of PHP code.
- Finder 6.x-1.x prior to 6.x-1.26
- Finder 7.x-1.x versions (all)
- Finder 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.0-alpha8
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Finder module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Finder module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Finder 6.x-1.26.
- If you use the Finder module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Finder 7.x-2.0-alpha8.
See also the Finder project page.
- Daniel Braksator the module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.