By Thorsten23523 on
Dear community,
I'm currently learning Module Development in Drupal 7. I'd like to change the user account settings programatically, but I can't find any source or help-sites. I'd try to do this with features module, but it seems that the user settings are not supported.
Can you please give me some starter help?
Thank you in advance.
Kind regards
Thorsten
Comments
Give an example of what you
Give an example of what you want to change.
Contact me to contract me for D7 -> D10/11 migrations.
Or anything really. I'm friendly, and open to work or conversation.
additional fields, taxonomy
Thank you for the reply!
I'd like to add some basic fields (like adress etc.) and a taxonomy (term reference) field.
I know how to build a custom node type, to add the dictionary etc.
But I have no ideas which hooks etc. I have to adress (sorry for my english level...)
Thank you in advance
Can you use the fields functionality?
On Drupal 7, if you go here:
admin/config/people/accounts/fields
You can add fields to the user profile the same as with nodes.
If you need a field that isn't available already, you should be able to program it using the Fields API and attach it this way.