The documentation team has been discussing some revisions to the workflow of maintaining the Drupal Handbook.

We've recently proposed that the Handbook have commenting turned off. The feeling is that many of the comments are outdated or contain incorrect information, especially as book pages get edited over time.

Comments or questions about individual pages should be posted to the forums, just as many questions are today. Anyone can still create new book pages, so once a solution is found, please update the relevant documentation or create a new page.

Optionally, we might also create a dedicated "documentation" forum to aid in discussion about relevant updates.

If you are interested in helping discuss, improve, and maintain Drupal documentation, please check the Documentation Writer's Guide (it is also in need of revamping, but will link you to how to join the drupal-docs mailing list).

Please comment below with any issues or concerns about turning off comments. It is likely that we will go ahead and try this as an "experiment" in the next day or so -- the change can easily be reversed.

Comments

Gunny-1’s picture

Is it implemented now ?
Is it possible to close comments in blogs, forums and handbooks now ...

killes@www.drop.org’s picture

I am not sure what the docs team discussed, but I guess they saw it was not a really good idea. Often the comments on the pages are very helpfull on their own and get merged into the page when somebody revises it.
Old comments on handbook pages get pruned once in a while if they are not helpfull.
--
Drupal services
My Drupal services