Do you like grid systems? How about rapid prototyping? Do you believe in mobile first? Then this theme is for you! Foundation is made by ZURB. This theme implements the Foundation framework for Drupal 7 & 8!
What is it?
Zurb Foundation for Drupal is the official implementation of the framework by the same name. This theme provides the tools needed to integrate the framework to Drupal so you can begin prototyping sites rapidly.
It seems cool, I installed it, now what?
The theme provides a Gulp workflow out of the box to generate CSS from SCSS files, and you can add on from here to suit your needs.
From here, the sky is the limit for you as a themer.
Check the documentation to see how many components and elements are available to you for Foundation.
Foundation 6 Requirements
Foundation 5 Requirements
- PHP 5.3 or later
- jQuery Update running 1.10.
- Foundation 1.0.3 gem or higher
- Node.js & Grunt.js (for rapid theme development). You may still use app.css if you wish.
Foundation 4 Requirements
- PHP 5.3 or later
- jQuery Update 1.7+ (4.x) OR 1.10/2.0 (5.x).
- 7.x-4.x: Zurb Foundation 4.x gem (for theme development)
Selecting a Zurb Foundation Version (4.x and 5.x thoroughly tested)
- 8.x-6.x: Utilizes Foundation 6 in Drupal 8.
- 7.x-5.x: Utilizes Foundation 5. Currently in development.
- 7.x-4.x: Utilizes Foundation 4. Currently, the latest stable version.
Foundation implements a handful of plugins to facilitate fancy UIs like Orbit slideshows, Section dropdowns for navigation or tabbed content, and responsive lightbox galleries.
Sponsorship & Support
Built your site in Foundation & Drupal?
Tell us about it in the issue queue! We'd love to list new sites in Drupal 8 in either the 5.x or 6.x version to showcase what Drupal and Foundation together can do.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 9,951 sites currently report using this theme. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 122,327
- Last modified: March 10, 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.