Spambot protects the user registration form from spammers and spambots by verifying registration attempts against the Stop Forum Spam (www.stopforumspam.com) online database. It also adds some useful features to help deal with spam accounts.
This module works well for sites which require user registration before posting is allowed (which is most forums).
- Checks (username, email, ip address) data against the www.stopforumspam.com blacklist. Blacklisting can be based on either of email, username or IP address (with configurable thresholds).
- Scanning of existing user accounts (via cron).
- New 'spam' tab for user accounts with some useful information and actions.
- Optionally report accounts as spammers.
- Uses IP addresses from core statistics and User Stats if they are enabled.
If you need more IP address statistics of your users, please consider the User Stats module.
The 7.x-1.x branch is a port of 6.x-3.x. The 6.x-1.x and 6.x-2.x branches are obsolete and should no longer be used.
To test this module, you can visit www.stopforumspam.com and use any of the data from their 'Recent Submissions' section as samples.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Spam Prevention, User Access & Authentication, User Management
- Reported installs: 10,163 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 46,436
- Last modified: March 31, 2015
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.