From the author of Shadowbox:
- 100% valid HTML and CSS.
- Highly configurable including animation, overlay, gallery, movies, input control and media handling options.
- Multiple types of media items can be grouped into a gallery.
- Continuous gallery option allows navigation from the last media item back to the first.
- Slideshow option to automatically advance through media items in a gallery.
- Keyboard shortcuts for navigating through media items, closing the Shadowbox, pausing the slideshow, etc.
- Media extensions supported:
- Images (png, jpg, jpeg, gif, bmp)
- Video (avi, mpg, mpeg)
- Quicktime (dv, mov, moov, movie, mp4)
- Windows Media Player (asf, wm, wmv)
- Flash (swf, flv)
- IFrame (asp, aspx, cgi, cfm, htm, html, pdf, pl, php*, phtml, rb, rhtml, shtml, txt, vbs)
- Ability to define what media extensions to open in Shadowbox.
- Ability to open a few media types in the JW FLV Player rather than default.
- Smart plugin detection mechanism displays a helpful link to download the required software.
- Resize and drag features for images larger than the viewport.
- Ability to choose which image size to open in the Shadowbox.
- Adheres to Drupal coding standards using coder.module.
- Skins allow style and structure of the interface to match your site.
- Ability to activate or deactivate Shadowbox on certain pages of your site.
- Support for image maps using the area tag.
- Option to install shadowbox library automatically via drush_make (requires a release of drush_make from 2010.06.13 or later).
- Shadowbox 5.x-1.0 works with Shadowbox 1.0 Full.
- Shadowbox 5.x-2.0 works with Shadowbox 2.0 Full.
- Both 1.0 and 2.0 require jQuery Update 2.x.
- Shadowbox 6.x-2.x works with Shadowbox 2.0 Full.
- Shadowbox 6.x-3.x works with Shadowbox 3.0rc1.
- Shadowbox 6.x-4.x works with Shadowbox 3.0.x.
If you are upgrading between major versions of this module you will need to update your Shadowbox library too. For an upgrade from 7.x-3.x to 7.x-4.x please read UPDATE.txt.
The author of Shadowbox requested that we stop distributing the Shadowbox source so we have removed the links from this page. If anyone is desperate for an older version and you can't get it by normal means (searching the internet, asking the author, phoning a friend) then get in touch and we'll see what we can do.
Please for installation instructions read the INSTALL.txt included in the module package.
- Easy step by step tutorials on how to use shadowbox in drupal 7.
- Download Shadowbox 3.0.x
- View Source of Shadowbox 6.x-3.x-dev
- Official Shadowbox Support Forum
- Comparison of “Lightbox” Type Modules