qTips are stylish tooltips that can be configured and styled (more to come in later releases) to fit nearly any website's design.
- There are some features that are known to not work in all submodules at the moment. Most functionality is working, but there's still work to be done before a stable 2.x release can be made. Please submit issues in the issue queue ... patches are greatly appreciated!
- Depends on jQuery Update (removing this hard dependency in the latest dev) and cTools. You must use jQuery version 1.6+.
- There are now submodules included with qTip:
- qTip: Views - Integrates qTip with Views module.
- Note: The original work for the Views label functionality was done by infojunkie on the Views Label Tooltip module. If you are only looking to add tooltips to your Views labels, please consider using that module.
- qTip: Webform - Integrates qTip with Webform module.
- qTip: Field - Integrates qTip with core Field API. (currently only in dev)
- qTip: Filter - Provides a text format filter to insert qTips in content.
7.x-2.x is a complete rewrite! It is currently not backwards-compatible with 7.x-1.x!
Seefor more information, or better yet, submit a patch to resolve this issue! :)
Complete documentation is still needed as well!
To get started go to admin/config/user-interface/qtip
7.x-1.x and 6.x-1.x
These branches are no longer supported. This documentation is kept here for current sites using these branches only. It is highly recommended to update to 7.x-2.x.
Although not required, it is recommended to use jQuery 1.3.2 by downloading the 2.x version of the jQuery Update module.
Test and Help development!
Submit any issues or feature requests in the issue queue!
This module should work well, but please do proper tests before using on production site.
Special thanks to Craig, creator of the qTip jQuery plugin.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 3,708 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 35,157
- Last modified: December 2, 2014