Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Menu Token module provides tokens, that could be used in title or in path of menu items (links). For example, if you create a menu item with path: "user/[current-user:uid]", the url will be changed "on fly" to: "user/1" (assuming you are user 1).
Tokens are provided by Token module. Menu Token allows to use both global tokens and entity ones: node, user, term, etc. Entity tokens have several methods of substitution: from context, random and user defined.
Menu token Resources
Menu token functionality can be extended gracefully. Following some examples:
- Menu token module implements Ctools plugin system and allows to plug in new token handlers.
- Use Menu HTML module and select "Allow html" in your menu item.
- Superfish integrates jQuery Superfish plugin with your Drupal menus. Use Superfish 1.9-beta5 or greater.
- Use Extended path aliases to automatically translate paths like 'user/1/mycontent' to 'users/admin/mycontent'. Just need to create a 'root' path alias: 'users/admin'. See .
- Menu item visibility exposes configurable and extendable visibility settings for menu links. You'll need to set module weights so that Devel node access > Menu item visibility > Menu token.
- You can use Tokenize Request Parameters module along with the Menu Token to configure this sort of functionality without the need to code a new module. Tokenize Request Parameter allows you to define what URL parameters to convert into tokens. It makes the tokens available to any token module that consumes tokens (Token Filter, Menu Token, Rules, etc.)
If you know other use cases, please file an issue.
- Manually: follow the manual
- Via drush: $ drush dl menu_token && drush en -y menu_token
- Redhat/CentOS/Fedora: find package and repo
- Dev release has a default weight of 10, make sure to update the weight of other modules that you use along with Menu Token and report your feedback at: .
- There are modules that use same hook as Menu Token, they need to be executed in proper order. For example: Menu per Role works well with a weight of 15.
- Some weird behavior happens when not using absolute paths, please help us solve it once and for all!
Drupal 7.x version
Actively maintained! If you are using version 7.x-1.0-alpha3, please consider upgrade to 7.x-1.0-beta3 or later, and report any issues you have.
Drupal 6.x version
No further development. Please ask for expert advice to your preferred drupaler or one of this module maintainers (top-right block).
Looking for expert advice? (commercial support)
This module is maintained with love by drupal developers (drupalers) that are committed with the community. You are welcome to ask them for commercial support as they know the very internals of this module and might help you save literally lots of time.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 21,281 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 138,218
- Last modified: July 30, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.