This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
Menu Token module provides tokens, that could be used in title or in path of menu items (links). For example, if you create a menu item with path: "user/[current-user:uid]", the url will be changed "on fly" to: "user/1" (assuming you are user 1).
Tokens are provided by Token module. Menu Token allows to use both global tokens and entity ones: node, user, term, etc. Entity tokens have several methods of substitution: from context, random and user defined.
Menu token Resources
Menu token functionality can be extended gracefully. Following some examples:
- Menu token module implements Ctools plugin system and allows to plug in new token handlers.
- Use Menu HTML module and select "Allow html" in your menu item.
- Superfish integrates jQuery Superfish plugin with your Drupal menus. Use Superfish 1.9-beta5 or greater.
- Use Extended path aliases to automatically translate paths like 'user/1/mycontent' to 'users/admin/mycontent'. Just need to create a 'root' path alias: 'users/admin'. See .
- Menu item visibility exposes configurable and extendable visibility settings for menu links. You'll need to set module weights so that Devel node access > Menu item visibility > Menu token.
- You can use Tokenize Request Parameters module along with the Menu Token to configure this sort of functionality without the need to code a new module. Tokenize Request Parameter allows you to define what URL parameters to convert into tokens. It makes the tokens available to any token module that consumes tokens (Token Filter, Menu Token, Rules, etc.)
If you know other use cases, please file an issue.
- Manually: follow the manual
- Via drush: $ drush dl menu_token && drush en -y menu_token
- Redhat/CentOS/Fedora: find package and repo
- There are modules that use same hook as Menu Token, they need to be executed in proper order. For example: Menu per Role works well with a weight of 15.
- Some weird behavior happens when not using absolute paths, please help us solve it once and for all!
Drupal 8.x version
Everyone is welcome to help write Menu Token from scratch for D8, please join efforts here:.
Drupal 7.x version
Actively maintained! If you are using version 7.x-1.0-alpha3, please consider upgrade to 7.x-1.0-beta3 or later, and report any issues you have.
Looking for expert advice? (commercial support)
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 21,088 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 156,108
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: November 22, 2016
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.