This module provides a machine name field.
This takes advantage of the D7 FormAPI machine_name form element #type and exposes it as a Field API field you can attach to any entity bundle. We’re using this for the project shortname on project node types, but since it could be useful to anyone, we published it as a separate project.
Safeword is a similar module. However, it depends on using a related text field and the machine name is auto-generated from that:
Safeword module provides a standard text field and when text is input displays a matching machine name field which automatically converts the text into a machine name formatted version, which can also be hand edited.
If you just need a stand-alone machine name field, use this. If you want two fields tied together (a frequent UI pattern in Drupal core), use Safeword.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Fields
- Reported installs: 1,800 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 18,627
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.