Linkit for Drupal 7
More information about Linkit for Drupal 7 can be found at https://www.drupal.org/node/2647538
Linkit for Drupal 8
Linkit provides an easy interface for internal and external linking with wysiwyg editors by using an autocomplete field. Linkit has by default support for nodes, users, taxonomy terms, files, comments and basic support for all types of entities that defines a canonical link template.
The 8.x-5.x has removed support for link attributes. If you are in need for link attributes, please see D8 Editor Advanced link,
Linkit has three major advantages over traditional linking
- The user does not have to copy or remember a URL.
- It is a sustainable solution for internal linking.
- It has a user friendly UI.
- Search content with an autocomplete field.
- Same "look and feel" as the default link modal.
- Basic support for all entities that defines a canonical link template.
- Title, id, rel, accesskey and target attribute support by default
- Token support (for better results descriptions).
- IMCE integration.
- Settings are handled by profiles. Thus, it is possible to customize the behavior of the profile in detail.
- Tested to work in multiple server environments, e.g. with and without clean URL:s using Legacy Redirect, Drupal installation in a subdirectory or on a different port.
- Pluggable, configurable, and alterable matchers.
- Pluggable, configurable, and alterable attributes.
- Fully integrated with the configuration synchronization.
After the installation, you have to create a Linkit profile. The profile will contain information about which plugins to use. Profiles can be created at
When you have created a profile, you need to enable the Linkit plugin on the text format you want to use. Formats are found at
- CKEditor (Bundled with Drupal 8 core)
There are plugin implementation examples in the linkit_test module bundled with Linkit core.
Under active development.
Current verison - Maintenance only (in favor of 8.x-5.x).
Current verison - Maintenance only.
No further development.
No further development.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Content, Filters/Editors, Path Management
- Reported installs: 64,875 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 576,253
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: June 16, 2016
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.