The Deploy module is designed to allow users to easily stage and preview content for a Drupal site. Deploy automatically manages dependencies between entities (like node references). It is designed to have a rich API which can be easily extended to be used in a variety of content staging situations.
Deploy has been re-designed for Drupal 8 and is based on the Multiversion and Replication modules. This creates a very flexible and efficient content staging framework for Drupal 8! See the below presentations for more details:
The Drupal 7 version is a complete rewrite providing a flexible API.
Additional recommended modules:
- Deploy Add-on - containing common implementations for many use cases
There are a few blockers for a stable D6 release. See the issue tag beta blocker and .
Deploy for Drupal 6 makes extensive use of the Services 6.x-2.x module for communicating with remote sites. (As of 07/18/2011, Services 6.x-3.x is incompatible, and there are no plans to make it so.)
Please read the installation and usage documentation before using the Deployment module. There are a lot of moving parts and while its not "hard" to setup, there are several steps to go through. Also, you can watch this screencast:
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Developer, Import/Export, Utility
- Reported installs: 3,140 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 84,753
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: August 15, 2016
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.