The Custom Formatters module allows users to easily create custom CCK/Field Formatters without the need to write a custom module. Custom Formatters can then be exported as CTools Exportables/Features or Drupal API Formatters.
Changes have been made to the PHP formatters Render Array integration to correctly support multi-field values, this changes the HTML wrappers of the formatter and may affect the theming of your site. This change will be made in 7.x-2.2 and the upcoming development releases.
- Two different editor modes:
- Basic/HTML + Tokens: A HTML based editor with Token support.
- Advanced/PHP: A PHP based editor with support for multiple fields and multiple values.
- Support for:
- Exportable as:
- Drupal API formatter
- CTools exportable/Features
- Live preview ([D6] requires Devel generate module).
- Integrates with:
- [D7] Coder Review module - Review your Custom Formatter code for Drupal coding standards and more
- [D7] Drupal Contextual links module - Adds a hover link for quick editing of Custom Formatters.
- Features module - Adds dependent Custom Formatters (from Views or Content types) to Feature.
- [D7] Form Builder - Drag'n'Drop interface for builder Formatter Settings forms.
- Insert module - Exposes Custom Formatters to the Insert module.
- [D7] Coder (includes Coder review)
- Devel (includes Devel generate)
- [D7] Form Builder
- Libraries API
- [D7] Token
Custom Formatters can be managed on the 'Custom Formatters' overview page.
'Administer > Site configuration > Custom Formatters'.
'Administration > Structure > Formatters'.
EditArea - Real-time syntax highlighting
- Download and install the Libraries API module.
- Download the EditArea library and extract and move it into your libraries folder as 'editarea' (eg. sites/all/libraries/editarea).
CustomFormatters.com is a Custom Formatter repository, which in the future will cater for user contributed Formatters.
The website is open-source with the intent of community contributions to the site itself, to get involved you can visit github.com/Decipher/customformatters.com and checkout the source code, branch the project and play.
More information on usage, including tips & tricks, can be found in help:
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Construction Kit (CCK), Content Display, Developer, Fields, Import/Export, Media, Theme Enhancements, Utility
- Reported installs: 11,859 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 77,261
- Last modified: December 2, 2014