Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Get started building with Drupal fast.
Build Kit is a basic distribution meant to capture elements that are generally useful and make building Drupal sites and Drupal distributions easier.
Build Kit helps site builders
- use install profiles and drush make for defining projects
- manage the dev > staging > live workflow problem using Features and exportables
- keep track of important upstream patches that are critical to Drupal distributions
In addition to the standard Drupal requirements you will need the following to make use of Build Kit:
Getting started (7.x)
Use drush to download Build Kit
$ drush dl buildkit
Choose the "Build Kit" install profile when installing Drupal
Extending Build Kit
The Build Kit documentation includes information on extending Build Kit.
The Simple project provides a good example of a Drupal distribution extending Build Kit.
Looking for Kit?
Projects using Build Kit
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Downloads: 2,981
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.