This project is an implementation of the Amazon Product Advertising API. It's modular in design, with a central "Pure API" component that interacts with Amazon, and optional modules to handle expanded data for additional product types, features like wishlists and customer reviews, etc.
Seeking co-maintainer(s)! Are you using Amazon? I currently don't have it deployed anywhere, so it's not getting enough love from me. If you have interest, get involved in the issue queue, and ask if you think you need commit privileges.
- 4 Aug 2011: Both D6 and D7 now have devel_generate support, configurable using the variables amazon_devel_generate_search_index and amazon_devel_generate_keywords_array (but the defaults should work for you).
- 29 June 2011: The D7 version now has feeds import support. Oh, and views should be working OK now.
- 12 Apr 2011: We're struggling a bit with the new D7 Views 3 API changes, but it's mostly working now. And Drupal 7 now has an Amazon Examples feature again, demonstrating how to use fields in views.
- 24 Feb 2011: Just before moving the repositories to git, the latest releases for Drupal 6 (6.x-1.3) and for Drupal 7 (7.x-1.0-beta5) again include quite a number of bugfixes and code improvements. Expect a Release Candidate for the 7.x version within the next two weeks.
- 2 Dec 2010: 7.x-1.0-beta4 release is ready. I'm hoping this will become 1.0. It seems to me that the key bugs are fixed. Please test.
- 7 Nov 2010: The ASIN CCK type now has a title-based autocomplete widget! It's been years coming, but thanks to frando we now have it. (6.x-1.2 and 7.x-1.x-dev at this point)
- 7 Nov 2010: Amazon ceased to provide customer reviews in their feed, so customer reviews are longer be available in views, etc. See the issue.
- 29 July 2010: Feeds integration added. This means you can import a CSV file of ASINs and other data into nodes with "Amazon Item" CCK fields. Thanks to Bobastream, LLC for sponsorship (and the excellent Feeds project!)
- 7 April 2010: The Drupal 7 version is nearly complete, with a -beta1 release now. Basic amazon data, filters, and fields work. Views integration with ASIN fields works. Unfortunately, D7 does not yet have an upgrade path from D6, and CCK to Fields is definitely not ready yet, so upgrading is not possible.
- 12 January 2010: ISBN numbers, ISBN-13 numbers, and Amazon.com links can be used in place of an ASIN.
The module includes the following functionality:
- CCK integration via an 'Amazon product' field type
- Extensive Views integration
- Support for extended Amazon product data (like page counts for books, and MPAA ratings for DVDs)
- Quick-insertion of Amazon item information in node content via an input filter
- Simple search integration
- Basic token support for product data
Amazon requires that all access to its data use an API key. To use this module, you must sign up for an Amazon API account and request an access key. This process is free, but without it, the module won't do anything. In addition, if you want to earn money from referrals to Amazon, you will want an Associate ID. Please refer to the documentation for links to the associate page for your locale.
- Amazon Store, a complete store with shopping cart
Call for community contributions
This is a community project and improvements/maintenance/support on this take a lot of time. Those of you who use it can help by: