Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2010-039
- Project: CCK TableField (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2010-May-05
- Security risk: Moderately Critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The CCK TableField module provides a generic method to attach tabular data to a node. CCK TableField does not sanitize table headers before output, allowing anyone with permissions to create or edit a node containing one or more TableField fields to insert arbitrary HTML and script code. Such a cross site scripting (XSS) attack may also lead to a malicious user gaining full administrative access.
- CCK TableField module for Drupal 6.x version prior to 6.x-1.2.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed CCK TableField module for Drupal 6.x, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version or disable the module.
- If you use CCK TableField 6.x-1.1 or older, upgrade to CCK TableField 6.x-1.2
See also the CCK TableField project page.
- Kevin Hankens, the module maintainer.
The security team for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.
Read more about the Security Team and Security Advisories at http://drupal.org/security.