Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-107
- Project: Ubercart (third-party module)
- Version: 5.x, 6.x
- Date: 2009-November-18
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass, Cross-site request forgery
Ubercart's PayPal Website Payments Standard integration exposes a path for completed orders without properly checking that the order is valid for the current user. In the event that the order has already been processed for checkout, this can result in duplicate actions taking place inadvertently. Furthermore, if the checkout completion message has been modified to include order details, information disclosure can happen.
The Ubercart order management was also affected by a minor cross-site request forgery vulnerability.
- Ubercart module for Drupal 6.x prior to Ubercart 6.x-2.1
- Ubercart module for Drupal 5.x prior to Ubercart 5.x-1.9
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Ubercart module, there is nothing you need to do.
Upgrade to the latest version:
- If you use Ubercart module for Drupal 6.x upgrade to version 6.x-2.1
- If you use Ubercart module for Drupal 5.x upgrade to version 5.x-1.9
- Reported by Daniel Duvall
- Fixed by Ryan Szrama, the module maintainer
The security team for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.