Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Lullabot is pleased to announce the second annual Do It With Drupal Seminar. This 3-day event is focused on the configuration, architecture, and processes behind building successful Drupal websites and communities.
The event is geared at attendees with a wide range of Drupal experience. For new site-builders and decision-makers, DIWD will offer a great introduction to Drupal and the Drupal community. For more experienced Drupalers, DIWD will offer a great chance to pick up tips and tricks straight from the module developers themselves and a chance to connect and socialize with other Drupal professionals.
The Do It With Drupal Seminar will feature the following highlights:
- Examine and dissect successful Drupal sites
- Discover new site-building strategies
- Learn from Drupal's top developers
- Hear from social media and social networking experts
- Connect with other Drupal professionals
- Expand your Drupal knowledge
This commercially produced event takes place at the Marriott Hotel in New Orleans' French Quarter, December 9, 10, 11, 2009 and features sessions by many "big names" from both inside and outside of the Drupal community (see list of current speaker list below).
The current list of speakers includes...
- Drupal Developers, Authors, Experts
- Dries Buytaert, Drupal project founder and lead
- Angela "Webchick" Byron, Lullabot, Using Drupal Author, Drupal Core Maintainer
- Earl Miles, Author, Views and Panels
- Karen Stevenson, Lullabot, Maintainer of CCK, Date and Calendar
- Moshe Weitzman, Author of Organic Groups
- Ryan Szrama, Commerce Guys, Ubercart
- Josh Koenig, Chapter Three, Pantheon
- Eric Gundersen, Development Seed, Open Atrium
- Aaron Stanush & Todd Ross Nienkerk, Four Kitchens
- Emma Jane Hogbin, Front End Drupal Author
- Doug Vann, Drupal Evangelist
- Nathan Haug, Lullabot, Using Drupal Author, Filefield, Imagefield, Webform
- Addison Berry, Lullabot, Using Drupal Author, Drupal Docs Team Lead, Knight Drupal Initiative Winner
- Jeff Eaton, Lullabot Voting API, Using Drupal Author, VotingAPI, Token
- James Walker, Lullabot, Using Drupal Author, OpenID
- Matt Westgate, Lullabot co-founder, Pro Drupal Development Author
- Jeff Robbins, Lullabot co-founder, Using Drupal Author, Lullabot Podcast Host
- Technology & Community Experts
- John Armstrong, Dooce.com
- Rob Purdie, Economist.com
- Michael Meyers, NowPublic.com, Examiner.com
- Chris Messina, Vidoop, Firefox, BarCamp, OAuth
- Andrew Hoppin, New York Senate
- Micki Krimmel, Neighborgoods.com
- Ben Brown, Consumating, CNET, Internet Rockstar
- Lane Becker, Get Satisfaction
Speakers are still being added. Find the latest list here.
Drupal site and distribution dissections:
- Open Atrium
Fantasy sites - popular websites rebuilt in Drupal:
- Craig's List
- Stack Overflow
Visit the Do It With Drupal website at http://www.doitwithdrupal.com to find registration rates and more information including the current schedule and FAQ. And be sure to check out the blog for more speaker and conference-related information as it is announced.
We hope to see you in New Orleans!