Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-048
- Project: Bibliography Module (third-party module)
- Version: 5.x, 6.x
- Date: 2009-July-29
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Bibliography module (Biblio) allows users to manage and display lists of scholarly publications. The module contains a cross site scripting vulnerability because it does not properly sanitize output of titles before display. A user who has the permission to create content displayed by the Bibliography module could attempt a cross site scripting (XSS) attack which may lead to the user gaining full administrative access.
- Bibliography Module versions 6.x prior to 6.x-1.6
- Bibliography Module versions 5.x prior to 5.x-1.17
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Bibliography module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Bibliography Module for Drupal 6.x upgrade to Bibliography Module 6.x-1.6
- If you use the Bibliography Module for Drupal 5.x upgrade to Bibliography Module 5.x-1.17
See also the Bibliography Module project page.
The security team for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.