Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
I'm happy to announce that as of today, there will be two new core committers:
Please join me in thanking Gerhard and Neil for taking on these roles.
This brings the number of core committers to four: Gerhard Killesreiter (killes), Neil Drumm (drumm), Steven Wittens (steven) and myself. Gerhard and Neil will operate under different terms than Steven and myself. Read on to learn more about this.
Gerhard and Neil will operate under different terms than Steven and myself:
- Gerhard and Neil can only commit to their branch, or if their branch doesn't exist yet, to CVS HEAD.
- Gerhard and Neil lose their commit access when their branch is no longer maintained or supported.
- At the moment, Gerhard can commit to CVS HEAD because the DRUPAL-4-7 branch doesn't exist yet. When the DRUPAL-4-7 branch is created, Gerhard is no longer allowed to commit to CVS HEAD.
- Neil can commit to CVS HEAD until the DRUPAL-4-8 or DRUPAL-5-0 branch is created. Unlike Gerhard, Neil can commit new features to CVS HEAD (after the DRUPAL-4-7 branch is created) and help shape Drupal 4.8/5.0. However, when the DRUPAL-4-8 or DRUPAL-5-0 branch is created, Neil has to go into "maintenance mode". At that point, he can no longer commit new features.
- As of March 15, I'll be away from the keyboard for a while. Having four core committers makes it easier to distribute the work when one of us is absent.
- I might add a DRUPAL-4-6 branch maintainer if there are enough core developers interested in taking on such a role.