Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-028
- Project: Feed Block (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2009-May-13
- Security risk: Less critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Feed Block module creates a block with one external(syndicated) article for each feed source from selected feed category. Feed block doesn't properly escapes aggregator items allowing users with administer news feeds permission to inject arbitrary code into the site. Such a cross site scripting (XSS) attack may lead to a malicious user gaining full administrative access.
- Feed Block 6.x-1.x prior to 6.x-1.1
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Feed Block module, there is nothing you need to do.
Upgrade to the latest version:
- If you use Feed Block 6.x-1.x upgrade to Feed Block 6.x-1.1
See also the Feed Block project page.
The security contact for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.