- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-026
- Project: Location Map (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2017-March-01
- Security risk: 10/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:Basic/A:User/CI:None/II:Some/E:Theoretical/TD:Default
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting, Access bypass
This module enables you to display one simple location map via Google Maps.
The module doesn't sufficiently sanitize user input in the configuration text fields of the module (allows any tags and does not respect text format configuration).
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "administer locationmap".
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- locationmap 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.4.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Location Map module, there is nothing you need to do.
Also see the Location Map project page.
- Stefan Korn the module co-maintainer
- Michael Hess of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity