This simple module displays just one location map via Google Maps, for brochure and company profile web sites.
Location Map will:
- create a Google Maps page with a marker on your location based on an address you supply. The map provides options for map view, satellite view, and a hybrid mode. It has the standard Google Maps features that users can zoom and drag to temporarily change the focus of the map. The size of the map can be configured in the admin interface. In v1.0, a node is created for this map at /locationmap, which can be aliased to any address you choose.
- allow anyone given administrative approval for the module to drag-and-drop the map location marker for fine-tuning its position, if initial automatic geolocating from address information was not accurate.
- create a block with a static image of the centre of your map, which links to the larger map.
This module is the Drupal 7 successor to the gmaplocation module. It is also proposed as a successor to the Simplemap module for Drupal 7, though the full features of that module and an automatic upgrade path have not yet been implemented. Contribute to the discussion on this proposal.
There was a degree of confusion regarding gmaplocation due to a sub-module of the GMap project that was called gmap_location and known as "GMap Location". Therefore, rather than port gmaplocation to Drupal 7, this successor module has been created. The 7.x-1.0 version of Location Map has feature parity with the 6.x-2.x branch of gmaplocation. It has a full upgrade path, transferring map configuration, role permissions, and URL aliases from the gmaplocation module, and is stable for production use. When installing this module, ensure you do not "uninstall" gmaplocation until after you install Location Map module and run update.php. Failure to do this will result in a loss of configuration information.
Duncan Babbage completed the Drupal 6.x port of gmaplocation, and developed the 6.x-2.x version. Location Map module was developed for Drupal 7, based on gmaplocation, by Duncan Babbage, with ongoing help by Rupert Jabelman. See the full list of people who have had code committed. Patches receive proper attribution!
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Location
- Reported installs: 13,016 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 63,966
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.