Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-015
- Project: Search API sorts (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2017-February-15
- Security risk: 12/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:Complex/A:Admin/CI:Some/II:Some/E:Theoretical/TD:All
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Search API Sorts module allows the site administrator to configure custom sort options for their search results and expose the control interface via the core block system.
The module doesn't sufficiently sanitise the name of the sort option which is displayed to users.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with permission 'administer search_api'.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- Search API Sorts 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.7
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Search API sorts module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Search API Sorts module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Search API Sorts 7.x-1.7
Also see the Search API sorts project page.
- Mori Sugimoto of the Drupal Security Team
- Michael Hess of the Drupal Security Team
- David Snopek of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity