Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2014-0XX
- Project: Bootstrap (third-party theme)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2016-November-02
- Security risk: 13/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:Basic/A:User/CI:Some/II:Some/E:Theoretical/TD:Default
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Bootstrap theme enables you to integrate the Bootstrap framework with Drupal.
The theme does not sufficiently filter potential user-supplied data when it's passed to certain templates can which lead to a Persistent Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- Bootstrap 7.x-3.x versions prior to 7.x-3.7
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Bootstrap theme, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Bootstrap theme from the 7.x-3.x branch, upgrade to Bootstrap 7.x-3.8
Also see the Bootstrap project page.
- Mark Carver the theme maintainer
- Michael Hess of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity