Many forms in Views UI have long lists of options which can be filtered by keyword or category (e.g. Add sort criteria dialog). When using these filter controls, the contents of the list change dynamically. The changes are easily noted visually, but are not conveyed to users with screen readers.
Drupal.announce() to convey a short message about the number of options now present in the filtered list.
We already do this with the module filter on the
admin/modules page - see
- Devise the announcement string(s): "6 options are available in the modified list."
- Write a patch.
- Tests - can we confirm the updated content of
User interface changes
- No visible changes intended.
- Add a screen reader announcement to convey updates which are currently only apparent visually.
- Introduces a new translatable string for Drupal.announce().
Data model changes