- Realname module alters the display name, but at
user/1234the username is shown. This is incorrect.
- Tons of places in core that show the username, but need to show the users display name.
- Comments do not show DisplayName for registered users.
- Security problem as usernames should never shown on websites. With real names you cannot login and try passwords, with a username you can.
- Fix all places where
getAccountName()is used, but
getDisplayName()should be used.
- Change core to enable a DisplayName by default. That is why tons of tests are failing because of wrong usage.
Allow for configurable truncation length of display name:
User interface changes
Users DisplayName will be properly shown.
API addition: Entity::getDisplayNameTruncated to get the correct abrivation used in theme_preprocess_username() function.
Data model changes