Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
The creation of menu links was hard-coded at the Node API.
This feature/UI is mostly for content creators, not for site builders.
This is problematic for various reasons:
- It adds a dependency of people using the menu_ui and menu_link_content module, even they don't have to necessarily
- It makes it impossible for other entity types to get the same features
- Solving that in a generic way for any entity helps to make the workflow more consistent
Separate the Menu Links as an independent module, which provides a menu link field.
Create a new field type/widget/formatter to allow the creation of menu links when a node (and any entity) is created or edited.
User interface changes
Added field and widget to be used at nodes and other entities.
* Addition of API to save link menu for entities.
* We no longer use menu_link_content entities for node links, but rather put them into the menu tree storage more similar to the menu links
defined in YMl files.
Beta phase evaluation
|Issue category||Task, because it is a subset of the task of|
|Issue priority||Critical because it is a subset of a critical|