Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-082
- Project: Bean (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2013-10-23
- Security risk: Highly critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module enables you to create block entities a.k.a. beans.
The module did not sufficiently filter bean titles for dangerous html.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have permission to create or edit beans.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Bean 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.5
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Bean module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Bean module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Bean 7.x-1.5
Also see the Bean project page.
- Hunter Fox of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.