Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-061
- Project: Flippy (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2013-July-31
- Security risk: Less critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
This module enables you to generate previous/next links for content types.
The module doesn't sufficiently enforce node access when generating previous/next links. A user may be presented with a link (including alias if one is set) but will not be able to view the node content.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission to access content.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Flippy 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.1
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Flippy module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Flippy module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Flippy 7.x-1.2
Also see the Flippy project page.
- Joshua Li the module maintainer
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.