Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-039
- Project: Commons Wikis (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2013-March-27
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass, Multiple vulnerabilities
The Drupal Commons distribution is a tool for building social, group-based collaboration communities. The Commons Wikis module is used by the distribution to provide specific wiki functionality.
Versions 3.0 and earlier of the Commons Wikis module is vulnerable to an access bypass and privilege escalation vulnerability that allows anonymous users to post content into groups.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Drupal Commons and Commons Wikis versions prior to 7.x-3.1.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Commons Wikis module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use Commons Wikis module upgrade to Commons Wikis 7.x-3.1 or install the latest version of the Drupal Commons distribution (7.x-3.1) which will include the fix for Commons Wikis
Also see the Commons Wikis project page.
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.