Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-004
- Project: Live CSS (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2012-January-16
- Security risk: Highly critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Arbitrary PHP code execution
This module enables you to save CSS and LESS files on the server via your browser.
The module doesn't check that the file being saved isn't a script or executable.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "administer CSS".
CVE identifier(s) issued
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Live CSS module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Live CSS module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to 6.x-2.1.
- If you use the Live CSS module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to 7.x-2.7.
Also see the Live CSS project page.
- Guy Bedford the module maintainer
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.