Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-172
- Project: Zero Point (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2012-November-28
- Security risk: Critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
Zero Point is an advanced theme which includes many options, ideal for a wide range of sites.
The theme does not escape path aliases exposing a Cross site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in URLs. There are no mitigating factors.
- zeropoint 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.18
- zeropoint 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.4
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Zero Point module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Zero Point theme for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to zeropoint 6.x-1.18
- If you use the Zero Point theme for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to zeropoint 7.x-1.4
Also see the Zero Point project page.
- Klaus Purer of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.