Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Follow up for
While trying to word the error message that is the result of incompatible configuration, @webchick said making the error message better is A Good Thing. But, that really it would be better to have the interface not allow picking wrong choices.
Steps to reproduce
- Install drupal (8.x head)
- Under Extend, install/enable module: Content Translation
- (optional, but makes sense to) Add another language, Under configuration, regional and languages, languages, add language, at admin/config/regional/language
- Edit the content type Article, at admin/structure/types/manage/article
- select the Language settings to see the dropdown and checkboxes
Beta phase evaluation
|Issue category||Task because there is no bug.|
|Issue priority||Normal because it is isolated and not across systems.|
|Unfrozen changes||NOT Unfrozen only changes.|
|Prioritized changes||The main goal of this issue is usability.|
|Disruption||NOT Disruptive for core/contributed and custom modules/themes because it will not require a BC break/deprecation/internal refactoring/widespread changes.|
Allowed in the drupal 8 beta because it is a prioritized change where the usability improvement has an impact greater than the disruption.
This needs discussion, but a start suggestion is to not allow choosing the system languages (only showing specific ones?) when translation is already enabled and the lang select is hidden.
- explicitly write down the combinations of flows that goes through when to hide what and what to allow to be selected
- maybe mark up an example of one of the flows
- get screenshots
- get ui review
- revisit proposed solution
- manually test
- write tests
- review code
User interface changes
This is a ui issue. See above.
No api changes anticipated.
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [PHP 5.5 MySQL] 114,323 pass(es), 0 fail(s), and 52 exception(s). View
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [PHP 5.4 MySQL] 83,937 pass(es), 0 fail(s), and 36 exception(s). View