Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-147
- Project: FileField Sources (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2012-September-19
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Drupal FileField module lets you upload files from your computer through a CCK field. The FileField Sources module expands on this ability by allowing you to select new or existing files through additional means. The FileField Sources module contains a persistent cross site scripting (XSS) vulnerability due to the fact that it fails to sanitize user supplied filenames before display.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that malicious users must have the ability to upload files on a field that has the "Reference existing" source enabled.
- FileField Sources 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.6.
- FileField Sources 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.6.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed FileField Sources module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the FileField Sources module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to FileField Sources 6.x-1.6
- If you use the FileField Sources module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to FileField Sources 7.x-1.6
Also see the FileField Sources project page.
- Disclosed publicly.
- Nathan Haug the module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.