Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-140
- Project: Inf08 (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-September-12
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
Inf08 is a valid XHTML 1.0 Strict / CSS 2.1 theme ported from the free CSS template. The theme contains an arbitrary script injection vulnerability (XSS) due to the fact that it fails to sanitize user supplied taxonomy vocabulary names before display. This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "administer taxonomy".
- Inf08 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.10.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Inf08 module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Inf08 theme for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Inf08 6.x-1.10
Also see the Inf08 project page.
- kong, the theme maintainer
- Klaus Purer of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.